Saturday, January 03, 2009

Sticks N' Stones


With fiscal disarray at every corner of the globe, one might "think" that perhaps men would start to reconsider their very very terrible decisions about going to war!! The financial costs of the war in Iraq definitely ARE a huge part of the national bankruptcy here in Amerika... if only all our populace understood how the OUR government only "accounts" for - on it's balance sheets - CURRENT expenditures... nothing else shows up, or is mentioned!!!

Globally everything is about "that's Mine!! gimme that!!! you have no right to live there!! get off my land!!"... and "If I can pay for it, I can own it". Since my teens are now fifty years behind me, my disgust rises like bile in my throat watching things deteriorate even further in one grand military adventure after another. Our planet is glowing from pollution and climate change rapidly eroding our potable water resources, bleaching or flooding our lands, killing off species - and, as such, our ability to feed our over-populated planet diminishes monthly.

So more killing is the way to solve the land grabs and religious and political differences and to make everyone else - fearful ... keep us all in our "place" while a very few - in each country - hold all the wealth and cards? The world has gotten every so much worse, since this idealist grew up. The legalized killing should all stop - and we should all be working on ways to
help our limping environment recover in whatever ways are possible - for the sake of future generations. We need food, housing, health care for all, work at a fair wage, and to keep our imperial noses out of everyone else's affairs.

If we must meddle, let it be through positive diplomatic measures and helping hands - not war. How long have I been thinking, feeling and saying things like this. Do I believe it is possible? - events of this past week indicate I am farting in a windstorm.

No comments: