Saturday, September 20, 2008

Used...our Abused Society: The Unregulated Fracas

Nobody "strolls down" and takes a photo when they know it kinda captures what is going on today. Yesterday returning from the food store I noted this banner strung up across the entrance to the yacht dealer - harbor below my windows. First thing that went bada bing! in my mind was that this banner must have been created by the same folks that brought us the bush campaign! Putting a positive humorous face on a sleazy reality.

There are people down there today looking. I should prepare postcards and go down and stroll around passing out handouts -- Hallo! these "featured boats" are the same boats that have sat in the water at their moorings all summer because no one has the extra dollars to "take da boat out'...do you? Hey even I would have loved to have had, a small boat (in my case I would have wanted a sailboat and to learn sailing). However as someone whose salary only achieved in the 30k's at my peak before my health departed (for a mere 2 years or so) - those kinds of expenditures were never in the cards.

Astute informed journalists everywhere today are writing chapter and verse about how deregulation and then the heinous illegal selling of 0 collateral mortgages - for houses at very INFLATED prices to begin with - sold to those who could not afford those houses on one of their good days ... was the off balance Ace of Spades toppling our house of cards. I knew folks who signed up for these mortgages and I even know someone who remortgaged at an unaffordable sum in order to finance his small business. Sale of his home and all he had on the cusp of foreclosure occurred in June of this summer. The saddest worst part of everything including the illegal war is that none of the people responsible for perpetrating these occurrences, is even in a loop to be prosecuted. I am not living with the reality of that very well.

No comments: